Established in 1973, our organization was first incorporated in 1985 as Senior Services of Southeastern Vermont. We received our 501(c)(3) exempt status in 1986. In 1991, we became the Council on Aging for Southeastern Vermont, Inc. In July 2011, to reflect an expanding array of services, we changed our name to Senior Solutions. One of five Area Agencies on Aging, non-governmental entities in Vermont, we receive funding from individuals, foundations, the state of Vermont, and the federal government. Through the federal Older Americans Act, we provide services to residents 60 years and older.
To promote the wellbeing and dignity of older adults.
We believe every person should be able to age in the place of their choice with the support they need and the opportunity for meaningful relationships and active engagement in their community. As our staff has grown, under the guidance of dedicated board members, we have worked hard to embody our founding values:
- We honor and respect the life experience and autonomy of Vermont’s older adults.
- We recognize the essential role of families, caregivers, and communities in the lives of older adults.
- We foster a work environment where creativity, open-mindedness and resourcefulness are expected; our employees are compassionate, respectful and responsive to the needs and wishes of our clients.
- We are committed to maintaining strong community partnerships to assure our clients’ varied needs are met and to collectively strengthen the infrastructure of support for older adults.
- We embrace our role as advocates for older adults, including speaking out about current issues, identifying unmet needs, proposing solutions and believing that our collective voices can bring about change.