Senior Solutions, established in 1973, is the Area Agency on Aging designated to serve older adults in the southeastern region of Vermont. Our agency provides a wide variety of services to older adults within our 46-town service area, giving priority to those with the greatest social and economic needs. This is attained through a comprehensive and coordinated system of information and referral, home-based assistance, case management, nutrition services and many community partners.
Every person will age in the place of their choice, with the support they need and the opportunity for meaningful relationships and active engagement in their community.
To promote the well-being and dignity of older adults
• We honor and respect the life experience and autonomy of Vermont’s older adults.
• We recognize the essential role of families, caregivers and communities in the lives of older adults.
• We foster a work environment where creativity, open-mindedness and resourcefulness are expected; our employees are compassionate, respectful and responsive to the needs and wishes of our clients.
• We are committed to maintaining strong community partnerships to assure our clients’ varied needs are met and to collectively strengthen the infrastructure of support for older adults.
• We embrace our role as advocates for older adults, including speaking out about current issues, identifying unmet needs, proposing solutions and believing that our collective voices can bring about change.